Saturday, October 5, 2013

Heavens Reality

   10/5-13

Prepare yourself for this is a hefty one.
   What really is the reality of heaven and the afterlife? We are taught that we die, are judged of our works and go on to our mansions of glory. But is that all there is to it? For we know that a life of harp playing is not all there is to it. We can all feel it in our souls, there is more to it than that.
   Take David for example. Do you really and honestly believe David is sentenced to the telestial world for eternities on end for one small series of mistakes? I am talking about eternities. You know that time frame that most people equate with infinity. I have learned differently, an eternity is still finite though the ends of its finiteness may be beyond human grasp. For example, take a law written in heaven in the eternity previous, or if you care for a more palpable term in the day before. We live in this day and the law will extend into tomorrow, or into the next eternity. Following that would not that law be without beginning or end with respect to that eternity? So, is it logical or even fair that multiple lengths of infinity be set for the actions of a mere few moments or days?  Are you trying to tell me that God in His infinite glory, wisdom, power, and love can not find a way to save each and every one of His children? That is sort of preposterous. Yes this is the plan of Happiness.  - That is another blog post for later - But really why can not the great God of the Universe save us all?
   Once we are judged and placed in our kingdoms of glory do you really believe that, that is it? Do you honestly believe that for a simple pronouncement of placement with regards to glory you will suddenly know every single thing knowable? That your eternal progression is only through posterity?  I can not believe that. I know to much to believe that. I am not saying that you have to believe as I do, I am grateful that the gospel permits us to believe differently. For in the words of my dear friend "I shudder each time I hear them say, 'I know this is the only true church'" It simply is not true. This may be the only religion that has the power of the priesthood and also modern revelation, it may be the only church ordained of God here on earth. But it is not the only true church of God. I realize I may be speaking in circles at the moment. But believe me when I say I have seen further and can say this, open your minds to what you have refused and see the reality for what it is. Heaven is more strange than we think and yet it is so similar to this life that it will astound us. I will touch on that one later too. Part of the reason we do not know more about Heaven is that our notions of it are so at variance to the reality of it that even if we saw it with our own two eyes we would refuse to believe it.
   I do not know what it will be like. Not yet at least. Will we if crowned as gods and goddesses begin right away on creating new creations without end or will we then step into a new phase of learning and preparation. For why learn the rules and methods of creation if you will never employ them. That being said I believe that this life is merely in one small sense to prove that we are worthy of the gift of godhood, not that we are ready and prepared for it. That preparation comes later. If heaven is closer to earth than we believe, is there any merit then to this idea? If just as we progress and learn in this life and then progress and learn more in the next life. Why not find additional lives after? Who is to say that there is not a God level 2, level 3 and so forth? The truth is stranger than we can comprehend yet it is so familiar to us that it will surprise us when we learn it.


--- Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment